Friday, March 25, 2011

Public Service Announcement: Sucker Punch

Is it just me, or does this movie look like it's going to be a LOT of fun?  I enjoyed Watchmen and 300, so I have high hopes for Snyder's next installment.  Let's go through the checklist, shall we:

  • Sexy femme fatale
  • A whole band of sexy femmes fatale
  • A whole band of crazy sexy femmes fatale
  • A whole band of crazy sexy femmes fatale wearing anime-inspired ninja suits (do I really need to go any further along this path...)
  • Over-stylized retro setting
  • Guns, swords, knives and other hurty objects
  • Nazi's, were-beasts, mutants, zombies, and other monsters
  • Vietnam era helicopters and bombers fighting WW I planes, bombers and zeplins
  • Dragons
  • Monstrous robot samaurai
  • Other killer robots with crazy vulcan cannon arms
  • Pyscho killer combat in an anachronistic trench warfare setting

Can anyone give me two good reasons as to how this movie won't be a smash hit on the visuals alone?  This one's got so much eye candy that you'll have to watch it a dozen times just to figure out what the hell is going on!  I don't care if the script sucks for this one or not (and I don't know that it will), but I think Sucker Punch has got "guilty pleasure" written all over it.  Now I'll just need to find a nice empty spot in my movie cabinet...

Enjoy the trailer: